You’ll love this homemade insect spray recipe that we found at An Oregon Cottage! It is easy to make and works effectively against garden bugs. Plus, it does’t have a foul smell.
Many thanks to
Homemade Garlic-Mint Garden Insect Spray
- 2 whole heads garlic, cloves separated and peeled
- 3 c. mint leaves (and stems, too)
- 2 tsp. dry cayenne pepper
- 12 c. water
- 2 small squirts of biodegradable dishwashing liquid
- Add the garlic and mint to a food processor and pulse for a few seconds.
- Transfer mixture to a large pot and add the cayenne and 12c. water.
- Bring to a boil; remove from heat and let sit overnight.
- Strain into a couple spray bottles (or gallon garden sprayer) and add the two small squirts of dish soap.
To use it:
- Shake well before each use.
- This mainly repels bugs, though if they rub against it, it can kill them.
- Spray all the leaves on affected plants, including the undersides – preferably on a cloudy day so as not to burn the plants.
- Wait a few days to see the affect and then apply more if needed.